After the kickoff by Samuel Driessen (@driessen) the first keynote was from Euan Semple (@euan)
The Future Proof Intranet, business as usual?
- Euan was inspired by what employees were doing in the evenings on the internet on bulletin boards.
- Spent £200 on a bulletin board for 25.000 people
- Bring outside tools into the organisation
- But worries about facebook in the organisation (because you don't own the content)
- How can you be a thought leader when nobody knows what you think?
- Microblogging in the intranet filters the internet for relevant information
- Blogs can make long (political) documents accessible by summarizing the essential points
- Too much structure in online communication tools does not help you find things
- Organizing your online platform too much will NOT encourage employees to talk about certain things
- Allow it to organize itself. People will be able to navigate, to find there way
- Fight entropy (A measure of the disorder or randomness in a closed system) by investing energy and love into your system
- If the party is in the kitchen, don't push people to go into the lounge
- No point being 2.0 outside the firewall if you are not even 1.0 inside
- What adoption strategies work? "Small steps smartly made. In other works: Trojan Mice"
All the presentations of the conference will be made available at: http://www.congresintranet.nl/